Sr. Scientist position – Genomics methods
Location: Science park, Ness Ziona.
Emendo is developing a transformative gene editing technology to cure severe genetic diseases. We are looking for a motivated PhD level Scientist to join our Drug Development team. If you seek a meaningful Job, working with great colleagues using cutting edge science – this might be your opportunity.
The successful candidate will lead our efforts to develop and apply strategies for characterizing the genome-wide activity and specificity of our nucleases. The position requires adaptability, creativity, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals. The environment is exciting and fast-paced and offers the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of cellular engineering research.
- Develop new highly sensitive genome-wide assays for various types of mutations and chromosomal rearrangements.
- Work with informatics to develop and continually improve data pipelines for processing sequence-based specificity data.
- Conceive, design, and perform experiments independently.
- Direct the work of Research Associates as required.
- Quickly implement new technological improvements.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups.
Qualifications & Skills
Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (Experience in the industry is an advantage).
Demonstrated experience in the followings:
Developing and troubleshooting methodologies.
A deep understanding of both standard molecular biology techniques and high-throughput DNA sequencing.
NGS data analysis and programing skills.
Familiar with relevant statistic tests.
Good social skills, hard worker and capable of performing on a tight schedule.
For more information and to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org , please refer to the title of the position in your application.