Director, Computational Biology
Location: Science park, Ness Ziona.
Emendo is developing a transformative gene editing technology and genome-engineering based therapeutics to cure severe genetic diseases. We are seeking an exceptional and experienced computational biologist/bioinformatician to lead the Department of Computational Biology within the R&D. This is a rare opportunity to join a company with a rapid growth and make an impact in a cutting-edge field.
Main scope of the Computational Biology Department:
- Genome Engineering Tools: Discovery of novel genomic elements using various approaches including sequence analysis and machine learning.
- Protein Engineering: Use of computational protein design tools to optimize genome editing enzymes
- NGS (mammalian bioinformatics): develop Emendo’s computational platforms; from building pipelines for processing NGS data to analyzing downstream data.
- Lead and mentor a team of bioinformaticians
- Define scientific goals and provide the computational means to achieve them.
- Define the computational resources and working environments needed for the research and act to set them together with IT personal.
- Recruit and train team members
- Identify computational opportunities and lead efforts to formulate and implement those in the developed solutions.
- Create reports & presentations in various abstraction levels, for colleagues, executive leadership, board, and investors.
We seek an individual who can bring strong leadership to the Computational Biology department and meaningful contribution to the R&D. The candidate must have a successful track record and be comfortable with a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD in bioinformatics/computational biology, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 3+ years post-PhD experience related to the above fields
- Strong personal communication skills with abilities to maintain open and productive communication with both internal employees, managers and collaborators.
For more information and to apply contact HR@emendobio.com
Please mention “Director, Computational Biology“ at the subject line.